This page contains a list of blogs, social media experts and tools that I trust and often rely on for information and in my work. As you may have noticed, this list is short and while my aim is keeping it highly selective & relevant, I will be adding more resources so check back for updates.
Individuals & Blogs You Should Follow
- Scott Stratten (@unmarketing) – Known throughout the digital world for his no-holds approach, Scott blogs and talks about how to really get out and engage in a meaningful way.
- Jeremiah Owyang (@jowyang) – A partner at the Altimeter Group, Jeremiah posts on the latest research, interviews and insights into the enterprise world of social media.
- Patrick O’Keefe (@iFroggy) – A leader in niche community development, Patrick covers subjects related to growing and leveraging peer-2-peer communities.
- Jay Baer (@jaybaer) – One of the most well known social media consultants, Jay’s blog covers corporate social marketing trends, best practices and emerging opportunities.
- Jim Durbin (@smheadhunter) – Don’t let the handle fool you; while Jim tweets and posts on social media recruiting, his content is far broader talking about industry trends & campaigns as well
- BazaarVoice – SaaS provider of ratings & reviews, user-generated stories and other social and engagement tools to develop . Also be sure to see their industry stats page.
- Power Reviews – SaaS provider of ratings & reviews, q&a and other user-generated-content tools to SMB, mid-sized and enterprise businesses.
- CoTweet – Social Media Management platform for Twitter, Facebook and other social networks allowing for sophisticated work flow, assignments and reporting.